Makhmali Paneer

Paneer is all time favorite of my kiddo. I always keep some emergency Paneer in my fridge, when she doesn't want to eat anything, Paneer comes to my rescue..



Yesterday, was my fridge empty day, so didn't cook anything for dinner. All the leftovers was supposed to be finished... My husband told me, next day, that is, today he won't go to work, and will work from home... I was happy, that  don't have to cook anything in morning.. Then, before sleeping he told me, he has to go to office tomorrow for some urgent work, and he will leave by 7:30. Now, I was totally confused what to make for his tiffin.



Normally, my next day menu is decided a day ahead, and I do my preparations night before. Since, no preparations was done, so only dish I could think of was of Paneer.

So, here is the amazing dish I tried. It was my hit an trial method, but surely it worked... The best part it took me about 15 minutes to make this curry ready. The satin smoothness of gravy, made me think of it's name as "Makhmali Paneer".

Here, is the delicious recipe for you to try -

Ingredients you will need-

  1. Paneer - 35-40 pieces
  2. Onion - 1/2 big(sliced)
  3. Garlic - 3-4 cloves
  4. Peanuts - 1 handful
  5. Cumin seeds - 1tbsp
  6. Cloves - 2
  7. Cinnamon stick - 1- 1inch thick
  8. Black Pepper - 4-5
  9. Melted Butter/Ghee - 2 tbsp
  10. Salt to taste
  11. Turmeric Powder - 1tsp
  12. Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
  13. Aamchur Powder - 1tsp
  14. Tomato Paste- 1tbsp
Direction to follow - 
  • In a pan, add onion, garlic, peanuts, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick and black pepper with a glass of water, and boil for 10 minutes, or till the onions become little soft.

  •  Let it cool down, and grind it in mixture.


  •  In the same pan, heat and add 2 tbsp of melted butter or ghee, and add this onion mixture, and fry fr 5 minutes.


  •  Add Salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Aamchur powder and tomato paste., and saute for few minutes, till it starts leaving the sides.



  •  Now, add a glass of water and boil for couple of minutes.


  •  Add Paneer pieces, and boil for 5 minutes.


  •  Your Paneer curry is ready.. Enjoy it hot with Roti/ Parantha.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers