Suzi ka halwa

One more very beautiful memory from my childhood... When I was small, my mom use to give me Suzi ka halwa and a glass of milk everyday for a breakfast, in summer vacation... After breakfast, I use to go out to play with my friends, and I am no where in sight for next 3-4 hours... That's the reason, my mom use to give me this combo for breakfast, as it keeps me full for a longer time...


And now, I make the same Halwa for my darling daughter...  This is one of the sweet dish, which doesn't take much time to get ready. So, I make it very often to offer to my God...



Here, is my mother's recipe which I want to share with you guys.

Ingredients you will need-

  1. Suzi (semolina) - 1 cup
  2. Ghee  - 3/4 cup
  3. Sugar - 1 cup
  4. Cardamom Powder (crushed elaichi) - 1/4 tsp
  5. Nuts (Almonds, Cashews -chopped)- 1/2 cup
  6. Boiling Water - 3 cups
Directions to follow - 
  • Heat Ghee in an open dry pan. 
  • After Ghee is melted, fry chopped nuts. Remove the nuts in a minute. (We do not want our nuts to get burned, so be careful and remove it fast.)
  • Now, Suzi in the same pan on medium flame, by continuously stirring, till it turns light brown in color.

  • Add cardamom powder,for couple of minutes.
  • Then, add boiling water to the Suzi mixture, stir continuously to avoid any lumps.
  • When water starts to get absorbed, add sugar and fry on high flame for couple of minutes, or till the water is completely dried up.

  • Remove the pan from flame, and add fried nuts. and mix properly.
  • Serve it hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers