Valentine Cake Pops

Cake Pops has always been close to my heart... It was, may be because it is always loved by my Kiddo, whatever the ingredients are... And, I can experiment with any fruits and veggies, I want to...

Since, it's winter and Orange is available at my house, everytime... So, this time I thought of experimenting Orange Cake (Check the recipe here) with Whole Wheat Flour. The only difference, I made in the Original recipe, was replacing All Purpose Flour with Whole Wheat flour. Quantity reduced to 1 1/2 cup of flour, increased the Baking Flour by 1 tsp, increased the honey from 2 tbsp and reduced the sugar by 1/4 cup. Loved it, as it was healthy and perfect in taste and texture.

Since, Valentine's Day was coming. Few things were coming in mind, to make for this Valentine's day... But, then my health left my side... Didn't have enough strength, to even finish my daily cooking... So, cake pops was out of question.. Now, yesterday my Kiddo asked me for Cake Pops... She is a lovely child, and very rarely asks me to make something for her.. But, then yesterday she asked me, and how can I say no to her.. I knew, it's time and I had to make it... Already had a block of Orange Cake with me.. So, thought of doing this experiment, which was cooking in my brain from a long time....

So, here is the recipe I tried, and made delicious Valentine Cake Pop, for my Sweet little Valentine... It was a hit and trial method, but I am glad, it turned out perfect, as I pictured it in my brain.





Ingredients you require to make 7 cake Pops - 


  1.  Cake Block - 1/2
  2. Salted Butter stick-  1/2 (at room temperature)
  3. Sugar - 1/4 cup (optional- only if you want it to be bit more sweet)
  4. Candy Melts White - 1/2 Packet
  5. Olive  Oil - 1 cup (as required)
  6. Sugar Crystalsl for decoration
Directions - 
  • Heat the cake block in Microwave, in Microwave safe Bowl for a minute at 100 % power.
  • Crush the cake, by pressing it with a big spoon.

  • Mix Butter to this crushed cake.

  • Divide it in equal 7 parts, and make a ball of each part.

  • Now, put each ball in small heart shape cookie cutter, and give it a shape of heart.

  • Place these small hearts in a tray and place them in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
  • After 30 minutes, take candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave it for a minute on 100 % power.
  • Mix it with a spoon. If did not melt, put it again in the microwave for 30 minutes.
  • When it is completely melted, add Olive oil to this melted Candy. 

  • The consistency should be very thin, as it is going to harden later.
  • Take out your tray of hearts from the refrigerator, dip the Cake Pop Stick in a melted Candy, and insert at the bottom of all hearts. And again place, it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.


  • After 30 minutes, take it out, and dip all the hearts in a candy melt. And Keep it straight in some glass or cup, and again place it in fridge for 15-20 minutes. ( Keep on checking consistency of melted candy, and if it has started thickening up, add more Olive oil to get the original consistency).

  • After 20 minutes, again dip it in a candy melt. This is the time, when you can hide all your mistakes.

  • Sprinkle Sugar crystals for decoration, when it is still wet. It will help crystals to stick to the cake pops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers