Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus
There are lots of quotes on friendship, said by lot of important people. But, I will say friends are those, who never gives a second thought, when you need them. I am one of those lucky people who is always surrounded with friends. All friends are different. Some will criticize you, some will admire you, some will follow your paths, some will cut your paths and some is standing right next to you, to help you, support you and love you for what you are. I am lucky to have such friends around me every time, who makes me special each and every day of my life. I just want to thank all of you for all your love. Thank you friends for being there for me.
For thanking you, I would like to share a simple, healthy and yummy recipe of Bean Chalupa. There is always some alternative for everything. My Kiddo hates beans(rajma). Well, I found this way of offering beans to her, which I must say is loved by her.
Do you know what are the health benefits of beans. You might not realize it, but unknowingly you are doing a lot of good to your health by including beans to your diet. Beans are very good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber. Beans are high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal, making beans an especially good choice for individuals with diabetes, or insulin resistance. When combined with whole grains such as rice, kidney beans provide virtually fat-free high quality protein.
So, including beans in your everyday diet is said to be a very good practice. Experiments shows including 1 cup of beans 4-5 times a week results in a very good health.
Here, is the recipe for everyone to try-
- Soaked and Boiled Beans with little water - 1 big cup
- Onion - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Garlic - 4-5 pods (minced)
- Green Chili - 2 (chopped)
- Tomato - 1 big (3/4 chopped + 1/4 diced and kept separate)
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup (thinely sliced)
- Cooking Oil - 1tsp + 1 cup (for frying)
- Oil to spray
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Chat Masala - 1 tsp
- Cheese (shredded) - 1 cup
- All Purpose flour - 2 Big Cup
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Water as required
- Sour Cream - 2 tbsp
Directions for filling -
- Fry Garlic in a heated pan. Add onions and green chili after a minute. When onions turn golden brown add 3/4 tomatoes, and mix.
- Add boiled beans with salt, chat masala and black pepper powder in a pan. Fry on high flame for another 5 minutes. or, till all the water is evaporated.
Directions for Outer covering ( Dough is to be made ready a night before) -
- Dough is similar to Bhature ka Atta.
- In a big Bowl, mix all purpose flour/Maida with salt and curd.
- Add water slowly, and make a dough out of it. ready dough is little sticky.
- Cover the dough with a hot damp cloth and leave it in a warm place for overnight.
- Take a dough equal to the size of walnut, and roll it, not too thin.
- Heat oil in a wide pan.
- Fry it, same as you do it for puri or Bhaturey.
Directions for making Chalupa -
- Take Wax Paper, Aluminium Foil or anything in which you want to wrap your chalupa and serve.
- Keep the puri on it, Add a layer of fried beans mixture in half of the Puri.
- Then add sour curd randomly on top of it.
- Close the puri in half.
- Add some cabbage, diced tomatoes and shredded cheese.
- Wrap and serve.
- The dough can be made with yeast too. In a warm water, add 1tbsp of yeast, mix and let it sit for 5 minutes (yeast should not be old), Mix this yeast in a maida or All Purpose Flour with salt, make a dough, cover it with Kitchen towel dipped in a hot water. Set it aside for 2 hours and let it rise. Now, make the Puri.
- Sour Cream can be also be made by mixing 2 tbsp of sour curd and 2 tbsp of cream.