My mother's special recipe of Cauliflower's pickle is here. As Kids when we didn't like any vegetables in dinner, we use to take Cauliflower Pickle as a side dish. Every Winter and on alternate weeks, my mom prepares a batch of cauliflower's pickle or mixed vegetables pickle ( which mostly contains beans, cauliflower and carrots). It lasts for about 10 days, and is ready to eat in 1 day, but tastes mush better if eaten after 2-3 days.
My Mom's recipe, loved by us, is here for you guys to try, and fell in love with Cauliflower all over again.
- Cauliflower - 18-20 small florets
- Mustard Oil - 1 bowl
- Fennel seeds- 5 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 5 tbsp
- Coriander seeds - 5 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder - 2tbsp
- White Vinegar - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 2 tbsp
- Boil Cauliflower in an open vessel, till it turns little soft ( it should not be completely done, it should be little hard).
- Transfer the Cauliflower florets in a paper towel, and let it dry completely for 2-3 hours.
|Boiled and dried florets for 3 hours|
- In another vessel, heat mustard oil, and let it cool down for another 30 minutes.
- Heat other pan, add fennel seeds, mustard seeds and coriander seeds in a pan.
- Roast them, till the mixture turns golden brown in color, and its aroma fills your nose.
- Transfer it in a dish, and let it cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Ground them in a food processor.
- In a big vessel, mix mustard oil with salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and grounded mixture.
- Add Cauliflower florets, and mix them together by a big spoon
- When, all the florets is completely covered by oil mixture, add 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Mix thoroughly, and keep it covered in the sun.
- By the end of the day, try to cut it by your fingers, if it is getting cut then it's done.
- Add some more salt according to your taste, and 1tsp of red chilli powder, and mix it thoroughly.
- Otherwise, you have to keep it again in sun another day.